June 25, 2012

New Details on Deferred Action!

Although the details of forms and fees are not yet known, it would be wise for those who would like to apply for deferred action to fill out the G-325A form from the USCIS website. You can download the form at the following link:  http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=a0e747a55773d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

A birth certificate will most likely be needed to prove that an applicant is between 15 and 30 years old.  Although an applicant will be able to submit a passport, that will most likely not be enough evidence, seeing as though passports are often thought of as unreliable.

An individual who wishes to apply for deferred action must also prove that he/she lived in the US continuously between June 15, 2007 and June 15, 2012. School, employment, medical, immunization, and insurance records could all be used as evidence to prove that an individual continuously lived in the United States.  Rent/utility bills, assentations by churches or other organizations, passport entries, and social security records would also be helpful for this process.

There has still not been an announcement concerning the number of documents an applicant will need when being reviewed for deferred action, but it is believed that a combination of various documents from each year will be sufficient.  

If an applicant left the United States during June 15, 2007 through June 15, 20012, the applicant must prove that the leave was only for a short period of time.  Hotel receipts, passport entries, and evidence of the purpose of travel will all help in proving that the applicant’s trip was brief. 

For further information visit the following site:

No comments: